This directory contains specifications for the modules of the Cosmos SDK as well as Interchain Standards (ICS) and other specifications.
SDK applications hold this state in a Merkle store. Updates to the store may be made during transactions and at the beginning and end of every block.
- Store - The core Merkle store that holds the state.
- Bech32 - Address format for Cosmos SDK applications.
- Auth - The structure and authentication of accounts and transactions.
- Bank - Sending tokens.
- Governance - Proposals and voting.
- Staking - Proof-of-stake bonding, delegation, etc.
- Slashing - Validator punishment mechanisms.
- Distribution - Fee distribution, and staking token provision distribution.
- Crisis - Halting the blockchain under certain circumstances.
- Mint - Staking token provision creation.
- Params - Globally available parameter store.
- IBC - Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC) protocol.
- ICS30 - Signed messages standard.
For details on the underlying blockchain and p2p protocols, see the Tendermint specification.